Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 is now 2012!


Hello 2012! There are so many things I would like to do, but I am never much for resolutions. they just never seem to stick, or maybe becuase other things become more of a priority as time goes by. I mean who wouldn't like to lose another 5 pounds- I think that is on 99% of our "lists". (Heck, my number is a little bit higher than 5 but we are getting there!)

As I think back over the years I am amazed by some numbers that I see-

I have been out of highschool 17 years. (ouch!)
I have been teaching for 13 years (still seems weird)
I have been married for 10 years, 11 this summer
My little man is 4 years old.

Those numbers astound me. Maybe I am the only one who used to think a year was such a long stretch of time. But the older I get, the faster they fly by. I mean, my little man will be starting Kindergarten in the fall! Saying it makes it sound like it is a far way off as we are in the middle of winter (or at least they say we are- although the temperature outside doesn't reflect that at all!) But I know that this school year is going to be over in a blink of an eye and the summer will fade away just as quickly. There will be tons of things between now and then, it just seems like I can't get enough of what really matters.

I guess I am just excited about what this new year is going to bring, but a little sad at the same time. Once the time is gone, you can never get it back

1 comment:

Lorina LeFevre said...

Time should be cherished, it's very fleeting and unretrievable. Wise people realize the importance of time and how you spend it. Oh, wise one!!