Monday, November 3, 2008

Life's Little Blessings in Disguise

Well, last Friday I got an inkling that it was time to try and straighten up the garage after sending stuff off to DI a few weeks ago. I was tired of looking at the random assortment of boxes scattered throughout and with the removal of some larger items there was plenty of room to rearrange things. So we got up on Saturday and headed out. As we were moving stuff and sorting it into its proper spots I happened to shuffle some stuff past the water heater. Upon moving it I was surprised to find a puddle of water on the box the heater stands on. Upon further inspection I found that the heater itself was leaking! Just a small drip but a problem non the less!
I was quite annoyed and frustrated with this discovery. I swear if it is not one thing it is something else. Just when you think things might be looking up another problem arises! But then I sat back and thought perhaps I had been blessed! Not with the heater needing to be replaced but with the fact that we found it so early on. Maybe my desire to clean the garage was a blessing in disguise. If we had not been out there that morning the leak could have gotten worse and caused a significant amount of water damage. So although I am still quite frustrated with the prospect of having to replace the heater, I am trying to focus on the blessing of finding the leak early!

1 comment:

Danalin said...

Way to look at the bright side! And I love all of your Halloween and other pictures of your adorable little man.