Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Passing of a Legend

My brother called me yesterday evening with some very sad news. Coach Gregory Spencer passed away on Friday after a fight with throat cancer. He was Brian's Football coach during his Highschool years. And was the Track coach for my Sister and I. He definitely had a gruff exterior, but he sure was able to get things done! There are many things I could share about my experiences with him, but I will always remember how he helped my Mom's wish for Brian's Christmas present come true. I hope we remembered to tell him thank you.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Stacy--didn't anyone tell you when you started blogging that it is against the rules for you to keep your readers waiting so long in between posts?! I'll let it slide this time--only because I got to read several new posts at once...The kids are all getting so big! Tell them all hi for us! Enjoy Brian this weekend!

Lisa and Bill said...

Stacy, I love all the updates. It's fun to read them all at once.

I tagged you btw...go to my blog for instuctions. Have fun!