Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ham Isn't Ham without Pineapple Sauce

So did you know that the only decent way to eat Ham is with Pineapple sauce. If you didn't or have never had Pineapple sauce, then you have never experienced good ham! At least I would argue that you haven't! So the next time you make a ham, serve it with this sauce and see how much more people will eat. Or maybe, don't and just make some for yourself and serve it cold the next day with the leftover ham, it might be even better the next day!


Pineapple Sauce

1 can Pineapple chunks in heavy syrup
1/2 cup sugar
2 scant Tablespoons corn starch * (original recipe calls for flour, but I have to make it GF)

Drain pineapple syrup into saucepan. Heat over medium heat. Mix sugar and corn starch together in separate bowl, making sure to mix thoroughly. Slowly whisk into syrup and heat until thickened. Chop pineapple chunks into smaller pieces, add back to sauce. Heat through. Serve

(I have no idea where this recipe came form, it has been in my family as long as I can remember.)

2 comments:

Lorina LeFevre said...

I think you've made me a convert, very yummy!

Lorina LeFevre said...

I think you've made me a convert, very yummy!