Thursday, March 1, 2012

Strawberry Bread

So I have been on a quick bread kick lately. It started with Pumpkin Chocolate Chip which led to Banana Bread, and now I made a Strawberry Quick Bread for the first time. It is easy to make and the batter was great, but the end product left a little to be desired in my book. I think it needs a hint of lemon or something to freshen it up, I will probably try to use the Strawberry Cake recipe we made a few weeks ago, to try and change it up a little bit. But it is definitely something to make again, just with a few adjustments. I made two loafs- one regular and one Gluten Free! :)


Strawberry Quick Bread
Original Recipe from My Baking Addiction

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour (I subbed in Jules GF Flour Blend for Gluten free version)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup buttermilk (I didn't have any so I subbed in Greek Yogurt)
1 1/2 cups strawberries, rinse, dried and chopped

Directions
1. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
3. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add yigurt and only stir until just combined; do not over mix.
4. Carefully fold in strawberries. Dough mixture will be thick.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes.

No comments: