Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm a Coyote

Okay, for those of you who don't know I transferred schools this summer. I left Roy Martin Middle school where I had been working since I started my teaching career 10 years ago. What's strange is I was not even looking to leave, I was happy with my job. I loved all the people I worked with, and I really did not mind the work load. But an opportunity arouse, I applied, and I was hired. So now I am a member of the Southwest Career and Technical Academy. A brand new High School that opened up here in Vegas this year.
Although, I was a little worried about the transition. I must say a really do love my new school. It has been pretty exciting to open a brand new school. A little different than opening the new Roy Martin campus, but that experience has been very beneficial to what I have done this year. It helps to already now some of the questions that need to be asked. :)
I definitely miss all my wonderful friends from Martin, but I can honestly say I don't miss the work load. To be able to leave work when the sun is still out is a definite improvement! I have been able to spend so much more time with my little man, it has made the move worth it. Who knows maybe I'll stay at SWCTA for another 10 years!

1 comment:

Allison Juarez said...

What are you teaching? is that the school up by the ymca on buffalo? My friend Jon teaches physics up there.