Friday, June 5, 2009

Accidents

Do you ever feel like when things are at their hardest, things tend to only get harder! My poor Mom was out shopping this afternoon and got sideswiped by some lady who did not even slow down for her RED light! The crazy thing is my Mom was not the first one in the line of cars. Two other cars were actually in front of her. SO this lady had to be totally unaware of her surroundings! Luckily, she has a larger model car so it offered more protection than a smaller car might have. As you can see she was basically hit right on the driver side door, so it is a blessing that she is okay. But I guess the insurance company has already decided to total the car. They are not even taking it to the body shop! It is going straight to the junkyard!!

3 comments:

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

Glad she's okay. Now just hope the insurance will give her enough that she can find a good replacement.

Danalin said...

Oh man. That is so scary. I think about that often when I'm driving around, especially with kiddos in the car. You can be a good driver but that doesn't guarantee that everyone around you will be. I am glad that she's okay!

Lisa and Bill said...

Wow! That's crazy! I am so happy to hear that she's okay. That's what really matters. The car looks terrible. I was shocked when I got the picture. Bless her heart.