Saturday, February 20, 2010

Boys will be Boys

My boys went camping this weekend and left me to fend for myself. (Which I must say led to a very relaxing couple of hours!) And from what I can tell they had a great time themselves. They went out to the dry lake beds yesterday afternoon and came back right around noon this afternoon, so it wasn't a very long trip. But they filled the time they had with friends, food, and fun. It was a pretty large group that ended up going. I believe this is a list of those that went; Justin & Lincoln, John, Rydman, & Cutler Terry, Allen, Tyler, Matthew, & Micheal Weinand, Lars, Henry, & Jack Larsen, and Clark Orme.
According to Justin Lincoln had a good time. A few melt downs, but overall he did really well. Justin took his Big Wheel so Lincoln rode all over the dry lake bed on it. He also spent a lot of his time with Micheal. And he managed to only fall into one Mud Puddle. (The boys were a little afraid the dry lake bad would not be dry considering the amount of rain we have gotten in the last few weeks. But I guess the skies have been clear enough to let a large majority of the space to dry out)
When they finally made it home today, Lincoln was a mess. He was so dirty! His face was covered with dirt! I hope Justin just did not wipe it because he wanted to show me how dirty he was, but if it had been me I could not have left his face like that very long! :) But I guess dirt is just a part of camping out!

2 comments:

Lorina LeFevre said...

I knew he would be dirty, but Oh my goodness!!! I guess dirt does wash off and as long as they had fun-it's worth it.

Lisa and Bill said...

You missed Bill, James, Conner, Gary & Weston. They did have a blast & I loved being by myself especially since I have laryngitis. So happy to hear that Lincoln was able to go too. He's such a cutie! My boys were dirty too & smelled of camp fire. They had a fun time!