Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Lion King

Wow! If you ever get a chance to see the Broadway version of the Lion King you need to take it. The show is amazing. Great music, awesome costumes, and great additions to the original story.

A big thank you to Ann and Brian for getting my Mom the tickets for Christmas. It was the perfect gift! And another big thank you to my Mom for asking me to use one of her 4 tickets! What an awesome night we had!

It was basically a girls night out with My Mom, Rachel, Sherri, Nana, and myself. (There were only originally 4 tickets, but there just happened to be two empty seats in the theater, one of which was right next to our original 4. So that worked out great and we were all able to go. And did I mention it was AWESOME!
I have always enjoyed musicals and have dragged Justin to more than a probably has enjoyed. Heck one of the first dates I took him on was to see the Opera in Utah! Good thing he is a good sport about it, and I think he secretly enjoys them too! I have also had the opportunity to see two different shows on Broadway in New York. And this one was just as spectacular as those. I wish I could have taken pictures during the event, as it is so hard to try and describe just how amazing the costumes were! (I did do a google image search though so here are some representations of how cool they were!)

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm so glad you guys were all able to go and that you had a good time! Thanks for helping me figure out a date when you guys would be able to make it! Glad it worked out!