Monday, June 2, 2008

Big Events Looming on the Horizon

There are a few major events coming up in my life.

First and foremost, my little boy is turning 1 on the 28th of June. I can not believe he is getting so big. He truly is our little miracle and our lives have been so blessed by having him here. (Even the sleepless nights are something I will probably cherish someday! But since he still has not slept through the night it's hard to ever think that!) I have a good idea for a party, but I am thinking that it's a little much for a first birthday. So I keep wondering if I should just save the idea for a time when he might actually remember the event occurred!

Second is my trip to Europe. Yes, that's right! I am heading overseas a week from today. I am traveling as a chaperone with a group of about 18 from my school to Europe. More specifically we are traveling to England, France, & the Netherlands. I am nowhere near ready to go, but that probably won't stop me from going! What's especially nice is that as a chaperone, I am going for free. So not only am I going to Europe, but I am going on someone else's dime! I am not sure the idea has really sunk in yet, or if I am just too busy with everything else to really dwell on the magnitude of the situation! It will probably hit me on the nonstop flight from Vegas to London! (Yes, I said nonstop! I sure hope that plane holds a lot of gas!!)
We are traveling for 12 days through the different countries. And from the looks of the itinerary all 12 of those days are going to be jam packed. This is not my first tour with this particular company, so I pretty much know what to expect. It's just the fact that it is an entirely different continent that has me a little on edge! I am sure it will be amazing, and it just might a once in a life time experience. Who knows when if ever I will get back there.

1 comment:

Lisa and Bill said...

Stacy!!! So glad you joined the blogging world! I love it & you will love it too! It's so much fun seeing what everyone is doing. And you can post all of your trip to Europe so I can follow you on your big adventure. My brother is in New York city right now and I am loving seeing what he's doing. I think you might be able to post stuff from your phone since you have email. Anyway, glad you're on board!