Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fun in the Sun- Lincoln is One!!


I can not believe that my little boy is one. It truly just seems like yesterday that he joined our little family. We could not have asked for a better little boy. He is amazing. He has the cutest little smiles, that just light up a room. And he does not care who he gives them to, he'll smile at anyone. I think it is his little spirits way of brightening someones day.

For his party we had some "Fun in the Sun"! His Aunt Rina (Lorina) made some very cute invitations inviting our friends and family to celebrate his 1st birthday. So we borrowed a huge water slide (Thanks Brandy!), purchased a few other water items like a pool and wiggle hose and hooked them all up. (I don't particularly want to see the water bill for June but it was well worth it- whatever it may be!) And although many of our friends were out of town (We missed you guys!) my nieces and nephews seemed to love it. And of course the Birthday boy loved the water too!





















What fun it was to have all the different Grandma's and Grandpa's, Aunts, and Cousins there to celebrate this special day with Lincoln. He got so many wonderful gifts. I think he will love everything. And I am excited to read his new books with him and try on his new outfits. His little bike is so cute- it's a little Tricycle. I bet he figures out how to ride that very soon.










Lincoln also got his first official taste of chocolate at his party. With the help of my Mom we made a cake in the shape of a sun. (I was having a couple issues with the rays of the sun-luckily my Mom was there to help solve the problem!) I think it turned out awesome! And from Lincoln's perspective he definitely seemed to like it. Almost more as a form of art than anything else- as he proceeded to paint (smear) his cake all over his seat and himself!



Overall, the party was great. I have tons of awesome pictures!! (Thanks Christina!) And even more wonderful memories. I bet Lincoln won't remember any of it, but at least we'll have pictures!

No comments: