Saturday, September 13, 2008

Disneyland 2008.. Again

What a trip. We just got home from a three day trip with my family to Disneyland. It was fun but Justin says he is suffering from Vacation Lag. :) I think I might agree as I am very tired and looking forward to a nice long restful night of sleep.
Many of my family members are big Disney fanatics. And although I do love the place, I really like other places too. So Justin and I were glad that this is considered the off season which shortens the hours at the park. (Sorry to all those who think it is fun to arrive at 8:00 am and leave at Midnight.)
I must say it was the perfect time to attend Disneyland though. There were very few crowds and beautiful weather. I think the longest line was for the new ride in Disney California, Midway Mania. A new interactive ride themed around Toy Story. It is kind of like AstroBlasters in Disneyland in that you get to shoot at things and beat your high score. But it is much more advanced. (If you have ever been to Quest at DisneyWorld it is a lot like the 3D Pirate Adventure) When Justin and I went to ride it the wait was 45 minutes. Not wanting to take that long, we decided to stand in the Single Rider line. Basically they use the single riders to fill up the empty seats. We figured we did not need to sit next to each other and it cut the wait from 45 minutes to 10 minutes!! I don't think our entire group of 17 would have been able to get away with that but it worked out great for us.
Lincoln was a little more fun this time around. He was more aware of what was going on and loved to point and ask what everything was. (Or at least that is what we think he is saying when he points and makes a noise very similar to whatsthat!) We decided his favorite ride was the Nemo Submarines. He was glued to the window both times we rode it! But he was always very interested to look at all the different parts of the different rides. He did really good, although he would have much rather been allowed to run free.
Overall it was a great time. It was nice to have all the cousins together and to make some memories the kids will remember.

1 comment:

Michelle Price said...

How fun! We haven't taken our kids to disneyland yet. We're thinking maybe next summer. I like the matching shirts!