Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 11: Denver

Finally a day of rest! We spent a very leisurely day here in Highlands Ranch with my Aunt and Uncle. We were hoping to go to church with some family members, but everyone was out of town! So instead of driving out of the way to go to their ward, I looked up the ward that my Aunt and Uncle are zoned for. Lucky for us the building was right down the road. So we took the kids and met with a really nice ward. They made us feel very welcome, even with Lincoln rubbing his dirty cracker hands on the lady in front of us during Relief Society!

After church we had pancakes for lunch- this is Chucks specialty- or so he says! Then Lincoln and I took a nap and Rachel and the kids watched a Movie.

We did go out to Dinner at Red Robin because there was not much to eat here in the house. It was good as usual. Although I did go outside my comfort zone and order something new. (Justin would be proud!) And it was really goos, I would probably order it again. Lincoln on the other hand is going through a period that he does not seem to like much of anything. It might just be that his mouth is hurting due to his teeth coming in.

The kids are having quite a bit of fun together. The older kids seem to like having the little ones around and are very patient with them. Lincoln is proving just how non-baby proof this house is. And can I tell you how grateful I am to have my house under control in that area. He is driving me crazy with all the things he can get into and his constant need to climb every stair he can find! He did give himself a big goose egg on his head when he tried to stand up under the pool table, but after a few minutes of feeling sorry for himself he went right back to playing.

So overall it was a nice day to take things a little slower. And everyone knows we needed it after how nonstop adventure up to this point! And form the looks of it we will pick right back up with nonstop fun in the morning, so I am trying to enjoy every last minute of relaxation I can! Hope all is well with everyone at home.

3 comments:

Lisa and Bill said...

So glad you guys got to rest today. I really want to go to Rapid City now after seeing all of the fun things you've been doing. James has been reading along with me & isn't too sure of the rain. I reassured him that it didn't rain everyday! It feels like forever since you left. I know you are having fun-but HURRY home!

Lorina LeFevre said...

Hi guys-
I'm s happy you are getting a chance to take it easy. At the pace you were going you were getting close to exhaustion. But you kept the kids busy and tired. Smart. I'm glad you are getting to have such a great time. We miss you. Love ya'!!!

Lorina LeFevre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.