Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Today Justin and I celebrated our 7th Anniversary. It's strange because it doesn't seem like 7 years but at the same time it is hard to believe it has only been 7. (Which I know does not make a lot of sense, but that is how I am feeling.) We celebrated by going out to dinner at Rosemary's. A very nice restaurant that is located off the strip- which is a definite plus. For those who have never been there it is a French style restaurant owned by a Husband/Wife team. And it has wonderful food. After eating there it's hard to want to eat anywhere else. But it is a little pricey, so you have to get over that pretty quick! They have a dinner special that is any 3 items for $55 and sometimes we are lucky enough to get coupons!
Tonight I chose to start with a sweet corn soup (I have never had a soup I did not like here!) while Justin had the Hugo Texas BBQ shrimp. We both chose the Filet of Beef, and it was oh so good. You know that point where the meat just seems to melt in your mouth, well that's what we experienced tonight. For dessert I chose the Cheesecake and J had the Coconut Bread Pudding. (The cheesecake was okay, but next time I am getting the coconut bread pudding!)
Overall, it was a wonderful meal and a great way to celebrate our 7th anniversary!!

Lincoln also decided to mark this as a special day in his life. He decided it was not too much for him to learn how to open the doors. That's right, he can open our bedroom & bathroom doors. He does still have to stretch quite a bit to reach the handles, but if he is determined enough he can get right out of any closed door. All I can say is that we are in big trouble with that little man.

No comments: